Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Adventure Mama Saves the Day

Top 3 Most Difficult Places I've Tried To Navigate and Have Only Barely Lived to Tell the Tale:
1. Atlanta, GA
2. St. Louis, MO
And, most recently added:
3. Kansas City, MO

I had this great idea to take the Fearless Wonders to one of the many "spraygounds" Kansas City boasts as sort of a reprise from long hours on the road. Apparently, however, either most of those spraygrounds no longer exist, or my GPS is totally defunct (That is a very good possibility.). After the third location was yet again a fail, I considered throwing in the towel and just heading off to tonight's campsite. Then I looked in the backseat. There were 3 little people counting on me to get them to some water park fun and I was not about to let them down. I had a list of 12 sprayground locations, 3 of which did not exist. I decided we would drive to every single one left on the list before I gave up.
Lo, and behold, the next location was a score!!!! We were thrilled. I only used a 1/4 of a tank of gas driving from one end of the city to the other 4 times, but it was worth it. Thank you Kansas City for helping me retain supermom status in the eyes of my children.

P.S. I'm blogging from my phone right now, so if the format of this post is annoying, that's why.

1 comment:

  1. You are now "Super Adventure Mama".

    It looks like the kids are having so much fun.

    Grandpa Curtis

    ReplyDelete